I always feel September is a fresh start to the year. It must stem from memories of the beginning of a new school year.
You can have a fresh start this fall by taking time to reflect on what you want to accomplish during the last three months of 2017.
Think back to your New Year’s resolutions. Have you made progress? Are they still relevant?
It’s easy to get caught up in the busy-ness of day-to-day and lose focus on what you wanted.
- List what you want to achieve or accomplish by December 31, 2017.
- Review your list and ask yourself:
• What can I delegate?
• What can I let go of? Especially notice any “shoulds”
- Review your list a second time and choose 3:
• One that’s easy – it will quickly give you a sense of accomplishment
• One that’s challenging but worth the effort – think how pleased you’ll be when its completed
• One that’s fun – it will give a lift to your day
- List action steps for each and insert a “by when” date in your monthly calendar.
- Review your action steps weekly and adjust, if necessary. (That fun choice might need to be repeated J)
Here’s to a fall fresh start and a fulfilling rest of the year.